DEVELOPMENT TOOLS, METHODOLOGIES & ENVIRONMENTS
Linux(Ubuntu Prefered), Windows, LAMP (Linux, Apache, Mysql, PHP), LEMP (Linux, NGINX, Mysql, PHP)
MySql, Cassandra, DynamoDB
- Application Development
- Application Architecture
- 3rd Party API integrations
- Project Management
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Database Design and Development
February 2016 – December 2016
Built web infrastructure to support media buying and recording keeping activities of the company.
- Integrated into numerous SSP and DSP platforms to pull stats into internal platform
- Integrated into into Xero accounting to automate the process of generating invoices and journal entries created from accounting stats
- Developed and tested methods to work towards programmatic media buying
- Developed UI web application, using Code Igniter, Bootstrap and MySql to display and aggregate stats to measure objectives of the media buying team
- Used ansible to setup and manage provisioning of servers
- Reason For Leaving: company went bankrupt
Full Stack Developer, YTZ INTERNATIONAL, Victoria, BC.
November 2014 – October 2015
Main developer working on front-end, back-end and server side technologies for a smart VPN service.
- Head developer working with a web designer and project manager to take an idea from concept to viable product while meeting business objectives
- Used various split testing techniques to optimize conversions
- Developed a user focused application using Bootstrap, PHP, MySQL, Cassandra, LUA, HAProxy, and PowerDNS
- Integrations with RestAPIs including, Recurley, PayPal, Stripe, Google and facebook
- Managed server infrastructure of 17 servers and growing across cloud providers, and maintained ansible deployment scripts
- Implemented a QA and deployment environment
- Reason For Leaving: company restructured and moved development back to Toronto.
Full Stack Developer, WordPress, Beanstream, Victoria, BC.
August 2013 – October 2014
Designed and Built a responsive marketing site in WordPress for Beanstream receiving over 15,000 unique visits per day.
- Responsible for the 7 user focused sites
- Led UX and UI at Beanstream, providing input and designs for mobile applications
- Led SEO optimizations on Beanstream.com and guided practices for digitalriver.com
- Helped and guided a team of 7, to reach the developers by developing the community page developer.beanstream.com
- Designed and implemented deployment and QA infrastructure for a small marketing team
- Taught current infrastructure, responsive design and completed successful hand-off to web designer returning from maternity leave
- Contributed and guided Google Adwords team.
- Reason For Leaving: end of contract, project complete
CEO, Gnarly Inc
January 2009 – Current
Founded my own design firm that developed consumer focused sites for Sport Organizations, events and businesses.
- Met with clients to take organizational goals to a completed product
- Focused on responsive design, modern UX principles, and cost effective maintenance for clients, often delivered as a WordPress website
University of Manitoba, Faculty of Arts
Completed 90 credit hours towards an International Relations with a minor in International Business.